Korzy Clan

Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Time!

Overall we had a wonderful Easter week. (The beginning was a little rough as Little B and I got the flu again. Thankfully not too terribly but none the less, not fun.) Anyway, this is the first year that we started doing a few more Easter activities since Bryan is getting older. We started with our hunt for the Easter baskets. (We did this on Monday. A friend of mine gave me this idea, actually she does hers on the first day of spring, so that her kids have the Spring Bunny and Easter is all about Jesus.) So after Bryan got home from work I hid eggs w/ clues in them all over the house. Bryan helped the boys read the clue so that they could go on to the next one. Eventually this led to their baskets. Logan even got one that said, "You will find the egg in Logan's diapers". We kept telling him "Where's your diapers?" and he went there! Unfortuantely we only video taped it and no pics. I would post the video but I think its a bit long for this. Here are a few pics of them w/ their chocolate bunnies the next morning.

Enjoying the first bites;0

The sugar must be getting them in these next two!





I had to stop them at this!



On Wednesday we coloring our eggs. Here is a picture of our work. This is when Little B started feeling sick so I didn't get any pics w/ him:(


On Saturday we went to an Easter breakfast w/ many couples friends and had a wonderful time. (And ate too much.) The kids had an egg hunt and we practiced w/ Little B beforehand so he was raring to go;0


On Easter Sunday we made Resurrection Rolls before church. I had heard of this idea a couple of places and loved it. Basically you have crescent rolls and marshmellows. The roll is the tomb and Jesus is the marshmellow. So you get to tell the Easter story as you are placing Jesus in his "tomb". When they are cooked the marshmellow completely disappears and the tomb is empty, Jesus has Risen!! After church we headed to D.C. for the cherry blossoms w/ some friends of ours. Unfortunately the blossoms are almost out of peak so they weren't nearly as nice as past years. The kids pretty much just liked the old carousel and thats it;0

6 boys 5 and under!!! whew;0


Logan and his little budy, Nate




Our family on the merry-go-round. Bryan was a little scared at first and Logan seemed half scared/half fasinated. His face was priceless!
























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home